We had a couple of busy weeks of travel looming, so I went for the low-hanging fruit of minimizing our overstocked pencil and pen collection. Considering we hardly ever write anything by hand at home, it’s remarkable how many writing instruments you collect over the years.
While going through our stationery baskets, I noticed there were all kinds of other office supplies that we no longer needed, so I figured I’d return to it for this week’s minimalism challenge.
In case you’re new to our blog, the reason we’re doing this challenge is because we’re getting rid of nearly everything we own as we’re going on a 5 year, 50 state road trip starting on January 1, 2018.
It’s week 11, so that meant I had to find 33 items to let go of. Here’s how I got on with this week’s challenge:
Going from left to right there’s:
- 1 ridiculously-sized pencil sharpener
- 1 normal-sized pencil sharpener
- 2 hole punches
- 1 USB wall charger
- 2 micro-USB cables
- 7 happy-looking Command hooks
- 3 pens
- 16 pencils
The pens and pencils were left over from the last couple of weeks of minimizing. As for the micro-USB cables, I think they’re coming from some kind of USB cable baby making facility that’s hiding in our apartment. That’s the only explanation I have for how so many of them seem to magically appear everywhere I look.
We’ll hopefully find a good home for the Command hooks as they’re a great product and we still have their sticky strips to go with them. I’d love to keep them to use, but I think there’s only so many places a Toyota Corolla might need hooks attached on its interior.
You can follow our entire Extreme Minimalism process with all the posts below:
- Week 1: The Purge Begins – 3 items
- Week 2: More Kitchen Stuff Edition – 6 items
- Week 3: Man Drawer Edition – 9 items
- Week 4: Puppy Edition – 12 items
- Week 5: Wifey Edition – 15 items
- Week 6: My Clothing Edition – 18 items
- Week 7: Bathroom Edition – 21 items
- Week 8: Cupcake Edition – 24 items
- Week 9: Sort Of Cheating Edition – 27 items
- Week 10: Still Sort Of Cheating Edition – 30 items
- Week 11: Stationery Edition – 33 items
- Week 12: Random Crap Edition – 36 items
- Week 13: Easter In September Edition – 39 items
- Week 14: Easter In September Redux Edition – 42 items
- Week 15: Hot Stuff Edition – 45 items
- Week 16: Paperwork Edition – 48 items
- Week 17: Toiletries Edition – 51 items
- Week 18: Toiletries & Frames Edition – 54 items