It’s week 7 so it’s time to let go of 21 items. I figured I’d try and minimize a different part of the apartment, so went through our bathroom cupboards.
I struggled to get to 21 items though, so Shae contributed a few of her own items.
Here’s what’s leaving the apartment this week.
Going clockwise from top-left there’s:
- Face wash
- 2 razor handles
- Razor blades
- Sucker hook
- 4 packs of medication
- 3 travel-sized bottles of lotion
- Eye drops
- Prescription medicine
- 2 pairs of glasses
- 2 glasses cases
It felt a little wasteful getting rid of the Harry’s razor handle and blades seeing as the blades were unused. However, I have about 2-3 years supply of Dollar Shave Club blades that I got for free thanks to an Amex Offer (long story!). It therefore didn’t seem worth keeping the Harry’s stuff.
Shae recently got LASIK and so doesn’t need glasses anymore. She donated one pair after her surgery but still had these two pairs at home.
I think the toothbrush had been used at some point in the past on a quick trip somewhere and it’s been sitting in the bathroom cupboard ever since. I’m not planning on using it anytime soon, so farewell O bristly one – I’m sorry you didn’t get to fulfill your potential.
All the medicines were past their use by date and all the other items are things we won’t be using before the road trip, so out they go too.
You can follow our entire Extreme Minimalism process with all the posts below:
- Week 1: The Purge Begins – 3 items
- Week 2: More Kitchen Stuff Edition – 6 items
- Week 3: Man Drawer Edition – 9 items
- Week 4: Puppy Edition – 12 items
- Week 5: Wifey Edition – 15 items
- Week 6: My Clothing Edition – 18 items
- Week 7: Bathroom Edition – 21 items
- Week 8: Cupcake Edition – 24 items
- Week 9: Sort Of Cheating Edition – 27 items
- Week 10: Still Sort Of Cheating Edition – 30 items
- Week 11: Stationery Edition – 33 items
- Week 12: Random Crap Edition – 36 items
- Week 13: Easter In September Edition – 39 items
- Week 14: Easter In September Redux Edition – 42 items
- Week 15: Hot Stuff Edition – 45 items
- Week 16: Paperwork Edition – 48 items
- Week 17: Toiletries Edition – 51 items
- Week 18: Toiletries & Frames Edition – 54 items
- Week 19: Sugar & Spice Edition – 57 items
- Week 20: Nakey Edition – 60 items
- Week 21: My Preciouses Edition – 63 items
- Week 22: Everything Must Go Edition – Who Knows How Many Items?!