By the time you read this, we should have landed in Dublin, Ireland for Shae’s non-surprise birthday trip.
That’s after spending a long weekend up in Washington D.C., so it’s been a busy week leading up to this.
That meant when I was picking out the items for this week’s Extreme Minimalism challenge before our trips, I was looking for a quick win.
Soooo….I cheated. Sort of.
When I initially decided to create this challenge, I’d told myself that if we had a large batch of something, I wouldn’t count them as separate items – they’d be classed as one item.
I specifically had in mind all the pens and pencils we had sitting around in a couple of tubs. Even though I was the one making the rules of the challenge, I’d thought it’d be cheating to count all of them separately.
Fast forward eight weeks and it’s possible I might’ve had a slight change of mind.
And by slight, I mean definite. And by change of mind, I mean shameless reimagining of the rules.
Yep, that’s been spelled out with 27 coloring pencils.
But you know what? I don’t care! I’m in Ireland right now (it’s a little weird typing that from my couch before the trip), safe in the knowledge that I haven’t broken my new – and obviously far superior – rules 😉
Will this not-cheating-anymore concept continue next week? You’ll have to stay tuned to find out.
You can follow our entire Extreme Minimalism process with all the posts below:
- Week 1: The Purge Begins – 3 items
- Week 2: More Kitchen Stuff Edition – 6 items
- Week 3: Man Drawer Edition – 9 items
- Week 4: Puppy Edition – 12 items
- Week 5: Wifey Edition – 15 items
- Week 6: My Clothing Edition – 18 items
- Week 7: Bathroom Edition – 21 items
- Week 8: Cupcake Edition – 24 items
- Week 9: Sort Of Cheating Edition – 27 items
- Week 10: Still Sort Of Cheating Edition – 30 items
- Week 11: Stationery Edition – 33 items
- Week 12: Random Crap Edition – 36 items
- Week 13: Easter In September Edition – 39 items
- Week 14: Easter In September Redux Edition – 42 items
- Week 15: Hot Stuff Edition – 45 items
- Week 16: Paperwork Edition – 48 items
- Week 17: Toiletries Edition – 51 items
- Week 18: Toiletries & Frames Edition – 54 items
- Week 19: Sugar & Spice Edition – 57 items
- Week 20: Nakey Edition – 60 items
- Week 21: My Preciouses Edition – 63 items
- Week 22: Everything Must Go Edition – Who Knows How Many Items?!